Architecture, design, development and maintenance of the online portal of the Nexxchange platform for Golf reservations. During the course of this project a solution for providing a homogenous interface on many individual backend systems was developed.
The main challenge this application faces is the interaction at scale with many backend systems as the Portal system is connected with the systems of many golf clubs and has to continuously synchronizes Tee Times and Tournament data so as to make it searchable and bookable.
- continuous requirements analysis of the high-level system requirements and translation into actionable steps
- architecture and design of the core platform
- project management
- use of best practices for the development (automated tests, automated UI tests, continuous integration)
- implementation of core features and of several modules
- integration with backend systems as well as with various third-party systems
Public Portal capabilities
- facetted search for Golf Tee Times and Tournaments
- synchronization and indexing of the schedules from various back-end systems (described in this blog entry)
- reservation of tee times (for members and green fee players)
Backoffice System capabilities
- management of golf clubs, travel agencies, restaurants and other properties
- CRM module tailored to the acquisition flow of the company
- B2B billing module (invoice creation workflow, invoice PDF creation, reporting)
- Agent module (for travel agencies / partners)
Liked this post? Subscribe to the mailing list to get regular updates on similar topics.