Fast Track to Akka with Java
Want to help your team to get up to speed with the core concepts of Akka and the Actor model, enabling them to build production-ready Akka applications? I have been working intensively with Akka since 2011 and am offering remote and in-house training for teams.
This three-day course introduces experienced application developers to the reactive Akka toolkit and runtime and the methodologies that enable the creation of real-world actor-based systems in Java on a single JVM. This course has extensive hands-on work and successive exercises build upon prior lessons learned to produce a fully functional application that is both message-driven and resilient by the conclusion of the course.
After having participated in this course participants should
- know how to design scalable and fault-tolerant applications using Akka’s actors
- know how to configure, test and tune Akka applications
- know best practices for designing asynchronous, event-driven systems using Akka
- be confident to start using Akka in production systems
- Course Overview and introductions
- Actor Basics
- Testing Actors
- Actor Lifecycle
- Fault Tolerance
- Routers and Dispatchers
- Modifying Actor Behavior
- Ask Pattern
- Akka Extensions
Java application developers wishing to learn the Akka concurrency toolkit.
Code examples and exercises will be written in Java 8 using the lambda API, so a basic knowledge of Java 8 is required. Students should bring their own laptop with Java 8 installed.
Details and format
- 3 days course
- Remote or onsite, depending on your needs and location
- Available for small or large groups (up to 10 participants, or 11-20 participants)
Interested in training?
Please email me at email@example.com with details about your business. We’ll discuss pricing, assess whether this training is a good fit for your team, and book a course date.