Fast Track to Scala
Want to help your team to get started with Scala faster and to share the same basic knowledge about the language and the functional programming concepts? I have been working intensively with Scala since 2010 and am offering remote and in-house training for teams.
This two-day course is designed to give experienced developers the know-how to confidently start programming in Scala. The course ensures you will have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the language, the tooling and the development process as well as a good appreciation of the more advanced features. If you already have Scala programming experience, then this course could be a useful refresher, yet no previous knowledge of Scala is assumed.
- Course Overview and introductions
- First Steps in Scala
- OO basics
- Collections and FP basics
- For Loops and For Expressions
- Inheritance and Traits
- Pattern Matching
- Dealing with Optional Values
- Handling with Failure
- Wrapping Up
Application developers wishing to learn Scala.
Before taking this course you should have:
- Experience with Java or another object-oriented language
- No previous Scala knowledge is required
To complete the exercises in this course, students need to install the following before class:
- JDK 8 or above
- Typesafe Activator
- Scala IDE or Intellij IDEA with Scala plugin
Details and format
- 2 days course
- Remote or onsite, depending on your needs and location
- Available for small or large groups (up to 10 participants, or 11-20 participants)
Interested in training?
Please email me at email@example.com with details about your business. We’ll discuss pricing, assess whether this training is a good fit for your team, and book a course date.