Want to help your team to get up to speed with the core concepts of Akka and the Actor model, enabling them to build production-ready Akka applications? I have been working intensively with Akka since 2011 and am offering remote and in-house training for teams.
This three-day course introduces experienced application developers to the reactive Akka toolkit and runtime and the methodologies that enable the creation of real-world actor-based systems in Java on a single JVM. This course has extensive hands-on work and successive exercises build upon prior lessons learned to produce a fully functional application that is both message-driven and resilient by the conclusion of the course.
After having participated in this course participants should
- know how to design scalable and fault-tolerant applications using Akka’s actors
- know how to configure, test and tune Akka applications
- know best practices for designing asynchronous, event-driven systems using Akka
- be confident to start using Akka in production systems
- Course Overview and introductions
- Actor Basics
- Testing Actors
- Actor Lifecycle
- Fault Tolerance
- Routers and Dispatchers
- Modifying Actor Behavior
- Ask Pattern
- Akka Extensions
Java application developers wishing to learn the Akka concurrency toolkit.
Code examples and exercises will be written in Java 8 using the lambda API, so a basic knowledge of Java 8 is required.
Students should bring their own laptop with Java 8 installed.
Details and format
- 3 days course
- Remote or onsite, depending on your needs and location
- Available for small or large groups (up to 10 participants, or 11-20 participants)
The on-site course costs 12000€ for up to 10 participants, excluding travel and accommodation costs.
I want to book a course
Please email me at [email protected] with details about your business. We’ll assess whether this training is a good fit for your team, and book a course date.