Want to help your team to get up to speed with Akka Streams, enabling them to build powerful streaming data applictions? I have been working intensively with Akka since 2011 and am offering remote and in-house training for teams.
This one day course introduces experienced Akka developers to the Akka Streams API. Akka Streams enables the consumption of streaming data, in a fully non-blocking, asynchronous manner. It also allows us to consume that data while providing non-blocking backpressure to prevent mailbox overflows. Our goal is to learn the components that make up the Akka Streams API and how they interact. We will see a broad range of different Akka Streams components and have a chance to use many of them.
Objectives After having participated in this course participants should
- understand the basic concepts of Akka Streams
- know how to build linear streams using Sources, Sinks, and Flows
- know how to implement fault tolerant streams
- know how to introduce non-linear graph shapes into your streams
- be confident to start using Akka Streams in production systems
- Runnable Graphs
- Fault Tolerance
Scala application developers wishing to learn the Akka Streams API.
Code examples and exercises will be written in Scala, so a basic knowledge of Scala as provided by the Lightbend Scala Language – Professional course is required. We will leverage operations similar to those in the Scala collections API. Knowledge of the collections API is expected. Students should bring their own laptop with Java 8 installed.
Details and format
- 1 day course
- Remote or onsite, depending on your needs and location
- Available for groups up to 10 participants
The on-site training course costs 4000€ for up to 10 participants, excluding travel and accommodation costs.