Do you want to help your team start using Akka and the actor model quickly to create operational applications? I have worked intensively with Akka since 2011 and offer the official training of Lightbend Akka for Java – Professional, remotely or in your office.
The course is updated to include the new Akka Typed API that brings significant advantages over the classic API.
This three-day training was designed for the purpose enable experienced Java developers to create reactive applications based on Akka on the FMV. The training devotes a large part to the acquisition of knowledge by carrying out several practical exercises using adapted tools, which at the end of the training result in a operational application that is both resilient and message-oriented.
At the end of the training, trainees will be able to:
- Design an elastic and resilient application with applications based on Akka actors.
- Configure, test and adjust Akka applications.
- Successfully design asynchronous applications, based on events with Akka.
- Successfully run Akka applications in production.
- The basics of the actor model
- How to test an actor
- The life cycle of an actor
- Failure tolerance
- Routers & Dispatchers
- Change the state and behavior of an actor
- Ask Pattern
- Akka Extensions
Lightbend Training Akka for Java – Professional is for experienced Java developers who want to learn Akka.
The examples and exercises use Java 8 in part with the Lambda API. It is therefore necessary that trainees have the basic knowledge of Java 8 and this API.
Please note that it is preferable that trainees come, for training, with their own machine for the training on which to install Java 8.
Details and Format
- 3 days training
- Remote (telepresence) or on the spot according to your needs and your location
- Available for small groups (10 trainees at most) or large groups 11-20 trainees)
Are you interested in training?
Please send me an e-mail to [email protected] with the details of your company. We will discuss the price, check if the training is adequate for the needs of your team and if necessary book the dates.